Sometimes you make a thing and although you love it, there’s just something not quite right about it. While making the Making Backpack, I KNEW it needed an additional pattern piece for the straps, but my desire to finish it quickly got the best of me.
So about two weeks ago I decided to fix it. I used the pattern pieces from the Noodlehead Range Backpack and followed the steps to sew. The construction was different than what I thought it would be, and was much easier to sew! I’m glad I referenced this pattern instead of making it up.
I thought I would need to seam rip both the sides and the top to make the straps work, but I ended up only needing to take apart the sides.
It ended up being a really easy fix. I’m glad I pushed through the fear of taking the finished backpack apart. I was really nervous!